THE SKATEROOM IS LOOKING FOR AN IMPACT INTERN!
Are you interested in gaining experience in the social entrepreneurship sector?
Do you want to contribute to our journey towards sustainability as a B Corporation?
Would you like to learn more about skateboarding as a tool for positive change?
You might be the one we are looking for!
About THE SKATEROOM:
As a young B Corp organization, THE SKATEROOM challenges the status quo of brand and corporate responsibility, and turns consumers into active contributors in socially engaged projects.
THE SKATEROOM unites art buyers, artists, galleries, museums, foundations, retailers and non-profits around the world in a new economic model — « Art for Social Impact ». By placing works of art on responsibly made skateboards, THE SKATEROOM connects people to the reality that Art for Social Impact is something achievable right now.
- To help with the coordination of our support to social skate projects:
- – Maintaining and organizing information about social skate projects supported by THE SKATEROOM;
- – Researching on existing social skate projects, organizing their information on needs, projects, locations, etc. – nourishing the pipeline;
- – Supporting on communication requests about social skate projects (gathering information for presentations, social media, website, “thank you” notes to artists, etc.)
- – Helping out in managing THE SKATEROOM’s social support (grant applications, selection criteria, launch call for project, selection process, allocation of grants, following up with the projects selected, etc.)
- To support on the advancement in the social entrepreneurship sector
- – Advancing the SDGs and the B Corporation Certification within THE SKATEROOM;
- – Researching on relevant certifications to get as social enterprise;
- – Researching on relevant networks to join;
- – Researching on relevant social entrepreneurship awards to apply to;
- – Researching on relevant events & conferences to participate at.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills
- Enthusiast, proactive, self-motivated, “can do” attitude
- Creativity, attention to detail and adaptability are also required
- Interest and knowledge in the social entrepreneurship sphere will be a plus (SDGs, UNGC, B Corporation, CO2 off-setting, etc.)
- Knowledge about skateboarding as a tool for development and education will be a plus
THE SKATEROOM offers
- An internship in a fast moving Belgian B Corp start-up composed of 15 people
- A relevant hands-on work experience to put on your CV
- The opportunity to develop professional skills
- The opportunity to learn about the social entrepreneurship sector and responsible businesses
- Knowledge about the use of skateboarding as a tool for development and education
- An exposure to a worldwide market
- Internship Date: Position available throughout the year
- Internship Length: Minimum commitment of 3 months
- Internship Location: Brussels, Avenue Louise 231 – or remote (depending on measures)
- Language of the Internship: English (and French is a plus)
- Other: Unpaid internship
Send your CV and motivation letter to Clara Bardiau at email@example.com!