THE SKATEROOM celebrates being a B Corp
Greater purpose. Bolder vision. Real accountability.
#BCorp means higher standards and deeper values towards a #BetterBusiness.
This month, THE SKATEROOM joins a global community of almost 4,000 businesses to celebrate the spirit and relevance of #BCorpMonth, sharing our understanding of what makes a successful Certified B Corporation™.
#BCorp keeps us alert, goal-driven, and wanting to improve ourselves on every level.
Here are some of the key points and practices we adhere to:
- Focusing not just on the outcome -and results created by our work- but on the ‘how’ and ‘why’ behind every action;
- Creating core values that are embedded in our business;
- Being accountable and responsible at the same time;
- Putting humanity and welfare before profit and greed;
- Collaborating together instead of competing against each other;
- Setting the highest standards and constantly evolving in order to meet them;
- Making sure our planet, society and communities are impacted by business positively;
- Creating inclusive and sustainable economies where anyone who works for, buys from or invests in businesses like ours generates prosperity to be shared with everyone;
Being a Certified B Corporation allowed THE SKATEROOM to have a holistic performance assessment of our company’s practices. We’re obviously far from being perfect, but being #BCorp helps us assert our strengths while acknowledging some of our weaknesses.
Today, we are humble and ambitious enough to know that this journey is a long-lasting and rewarding one. In fact, one of our four collective bonus criteria is to improve our score by at least 5% each year.
Latest Blog Posts
- Mouthwatering & socially-engaged! Wayne THIEBAUD’s skateboard art collection is a bittersweet nostalgia for Americana culture.
- A conversation with Nestor Judkins, professional skateboarder & founder of Salad Days
- Becoming the change in 2022!
- Woah. We really went overboard in 2022 – reliving our year in collaborations
- This is a call to action! What happened at Impact Week, EVPA.