The Skateroom celebrates being a B Corp
Greater purpose. Bolder vision. Real accountability.
#BCorp means higher standards and deeper values towards a #BetterBusiness.
This month, The Skateroom joins a global community of almost 4,000 businesses to celebrate the spirit and relevance of #BCorpMonth, sharing our understanding of what makes a successful Certified B Corporation™.
#BCorp keeps us alert, goal-driven, and wanting to improve ourselves on every level.
Here are some of the key points and practices we adhere to:
- Focusing not just on the outcome -and results created by our work- but on the ‘how’ and ‘why’ behind every action;
- Creating core values that are embedded in our business;
- Being accountable and responsible at the same time;
- Putting humanity and welfare before profit and greed;
- Collaborating together instead of competing against each other;
- Setting the highest standards and constantly evolving in order to meet them;
- Making sure our planet, society and communities are impacted by business positively;
- Creating inclusive and sustainable economies where anyone who works for, buys from or invests in businesses like ours generates prosperity to be shared with everyone;
Being a Certified B Corporation allowed The Skateroom to have a holistic performance assessment of our company’s practices. We’re obviously far from being perfect, but being #BCorp helps us assert our strengths while acknowledging some of our weaknesses.
Today, we are humble and ambitious enough to know that this journey is a long-lasting and rewarding one. In fact, one of our four collective bonus criteria is to improve our score by at least 5% each year.
Latest Blog Posts
- Thanks for the push! Wrapping up the Goodpush Summit 2021
- Joining the fight against plastic: 7% Is Not Enough.
- Robin Rhode sets Brussels alight with the flame of social change
- ‘Skateboarding is creativity. It’s time to let it flourish.’ An Interview with Hannah Bailey
- TSR Weekly Round-up: SEPT 6TH, 2021