State of Emergency
Each year, Earth Day gives us a unique opportunity as an organization to address our flaws, reflect upon our daily practices and find new solutions to better ourselves and move forward.
We are aware of the many challenges that come with commercial success and addressing a global audience, but we also believe that consumption can have a positive outcome, as opposed to a purely selfish one. The powerful and inspiring message of Earth Day is that awareness is a compulsory – and unavoidable – step towards taking action. Having been certified a B Corp organization since 2019, we do take such issues seriously and want to improve on our ways of functioning.
Any act of creation implies waste and the use of resources, but what matters in the end is the meaning behind what we create, how we handle such issues and the key values we stand for and defend:
- Businesses must put social welfare and human needs at the center of their efforts, rather than profit and greed.
- We are not only creating social change through our projects, but educating our partners and audience as well.
- Even though the many challenges coming with commercial success must be addressed, we also believe that consumption can have a positive outcome, as opposed to a purely selfish one.
- By valuing the environment and taking it into account within some of our daily processes, we make our intentions clear to better our stance on ecology and achieve significant results before the COP25 deadline.
Social entrepreneurship cannot be dissociated from self-critique leading to human enlightenment, as well as the ability to look at ourselves in a transparent and honest way.
In fact, we know that we won’t have a choice to act any differently and must factor change within our daily methods and practices. Achieving Net Zero by 2030 may seem like a long way to go, but we are sticking to our guns and striving for those goals.
To move forward, our 3 commitments to Earth Day are therefore the following:
- Not only compensate, but also reduce our carbon emissions
- Find better ways to optimize our packaging
- Address our usage of wood within our production cycle and explore alternatives
Latest Blog Posts
- THE SKATEROOM Staff Picks with Janet Tsang
- Planting Seeds with the Concrete Jungle Foundation
- Introducing Sati Foundation — The Mindful Agent of Change for Thailand’s At-Risk Youth
- Seeking to Express the Inexpressible — In Conversation With Korakrit ARUNANONDCHAI
- Playing With Fire for Social Change — Korakrit ARUNANONDCHAI